When: Saturday, October 1, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM until the work is done.
Participation: Required for all TPYC members.
If you cannot be here on 10/1 sign up for Group Project (first item in the list)
Taylor Pond Yacht Club relies on the support of its members in all ways.
Sustain that ideal established by club founders by volunteering for Workday.
Guidelines for Workday:
Please check out the list of jobs below—making sure to click through and then sign up. Note that several jobs have a limit to the number of volunteers.
Some members will not be able to be at TPYC on Saturday, October 1, if that is the case for you, please sign up for the Group Project of moving boats and racks. This project coordinated by the Bosun will take place at a later date.
- For areas of the club with multiple projects, you will be assigned a task.
- Depending on the work flow for the day, the Bosun or Co-Bosun may reassign you to other work duties.
- Children are not permitted to use any power tools without direct parental supervision.
- Wear boots and bring work or sanitary gloves.
- Safety equipment like ear & eye protection (when needed) are not optional and should be brought from home.
- Please coordinate with the Bosun on Workday directly for tools and equipment, all tools and equipment should be returned to the Bosun (or in his absence to the Bosun’s Shed).
We realize that some members will not be able to be at TPYC on Saturday, October 1, if that is the case for you, please sign up for the Group Project of moving boats and racks. This project coordinated by the Bosun will take place at a later date.
A Word on TPYC Workday
Workdays at TPYC are an essential part of your membership and your participation is an essential part of the ongoing success and growth of this club. This tenet was so important that the bylaws drawn up by the original members state that members choosing not to participate in the Club’s annual workday could be assessed a fine by the Purser.
Jobs & Projects
Sorry, there are no volunteer opportunities available right now.